After what seems like an eternity, it is finally time to prepare the garden and start seeds!
Here are a few tips to keep you in the dirt all spring and summer long.
· Avoid prolonged bending. Kneeling on a pad or bringing a stool outside will save your back and your knees.
· Clear your path, and get additional help before moving or lifting heavy pots or bags of soil.
· When lifting, be sure that you keep your back straight and lift from your legs.
· Be aware of your posture while gardening. Many of us are prone to slouching, so take note and sit up straight.
· Call Nick Rinard Physical Therapy right away if you notice any back pain.
· Getting in sooner than later equals fewer visits and you are back to doing what you love.